Blue Light Youth Service aims to assist youth aged 16 to 19 living in Auckland or Hamilton who are at risk of becoming not engaged in Education, Employment or Training.
The three target groups Blue Light Youth Services work with are:
- Youth payment recipients
- Youth parent payment recipients
Blue Light will work alongside youth to explore options that best suit them.
- Youth will be assigned their very own Youth Coach, providing one to one mentoring, guidance and on-going support to help them build their skills and find suitable education, training or work-based learning that works for them
- We will make appropriate recommendations and referrals to external agencies that can further assist our clients
- We create an individualized road map plan which will include goal setting and milestones
- We offer budgeting workshops, parenting workshops, driver licence workshops and restricted driving lessons with a qualified instructor
- We will provide support with Drivers Licence, CV and interview preparation, support with course/job options
- Blue Light have various programmes and workshops young people can attend, Life Skills camps, Leadership Voyage, Kid’s Gone Fishing, Annual Rainbows End Fun Days
- Youth coaches aim to provide monthly updates to parents, schools and external referrers involved with our clients
- Blue Light Youth Service is voluntary to all young people; therefore, you can opt-out of the programme when they wish to
Contact us to see if you are eligible on 0800 258 354 (option 1 Hamilton) (Option 2 Auckland)